What does membership offer?
- Affiliation with Music Teachers National Association
- Nationally Certified Teacher of Music certification program
- State and national conferences, which feature workshops, lectures, concerts, master classes and more
- Subscription to American Music Teacher magazine
- NJMTA Yearbook, which includes:
- NJMTA Events Calendar and Description
- NJMTA Members Directory
- NJMTA Conference Report
- MTNA insurance products
- Partnership with Nova Information Services
For Members’ Students:
- Competitions on the State and National Levels
- Recitals, Performathon
- Piano Festival
- State conference, which features workshops, lectures, concerts, master classes and more
- Active Membership is available to any individual professionally engaged in a music activity who is also a member of an affiliated state association. Active members receive American Music Teacher and are entitled to participate in all MTNA activities, vote and hold office.
- Senior Membership is available to members who are 70+ years of age for MTNA and 65+ years of age for NJ state dues.
- Collegiate Membership is open to all full-time college music students who are also members of an affiliated collegiate chapter. College members have access to many MTNA services and receive MTNA periodicals and member discounts, but do not have the right to vote or hold office.
- International Membership is available to individuals residing in a state, territory or country that does not have an affiliated association.
- Patron Membership is open to all individuals who are not professionally engaged in any field of musical activities but wish to support the programs on MTNA. Patron members are entitled to attend MTNA programs and receive member publications, but do not have the right to vote or hold office.
- Six-Month Membership is available to individuals meeting active membership criteria who have never been MTNA members. The six-month membership runs from January 1 through June 30. Many states also offer six-month memberships. Call the national office at (888) 512-5278 for more information.
- Retired Membership is open to those who have been active members for at least 20 continuous years, who have reached the age of 75, and who have essentially retired from teaching. A member must send written notice to the Executive Director for this class of membership to be activated. Retired members may vote, but cannot hold elective office at divisional or national levels or enter students in MTNA competitions. A retired member must also be a member of a state affiliated association.
Please contact NJMTA Membership Chairperson, Grace Lue at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Click the following link to learn more about MTNA/NJMTA membership:
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP NOW!
Click here to renew on the MTNA website.
MTNA memberships offer all those interested in music and its place in the community. The individual membership year is July 1 to June 30. The student membership year is October 1 to June 30.
Please note: You will not be added to this website as a member of NJMTA until the Membership Chair receives confirmation of your paid membership from MTNA. If you have any questions, please contact NJMTA Membership Chairperson, Grace Lue at email@example.com for more information.
Need to update your contact information?
Please do so by visiting the MTNA site and logging in to your account.
To update your information in this NJMTA website's teacher directory, simply log in and view your profile to make changes.