CHAIRPERSONS: Strings- Ingrid Tang
Woodwinds, Brass & Percussion - Christine Kang
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 8, 2019
DATES & LOCATIONS:
AUDITIONS: Sunday, April 7 – Westminster Choir College (WCC)
- Strings: May 5 - Gambrell Room, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Winds: May 4 - Gill Chapel, Rider University
* All students who received Honor or High Honor on 4/7 must perform at these recitals.
CLASSIFICATIONS: Students’ classifications are determined by age and length of study as follows:
- Elementary (El) – less than 3 yrs of study
- Intermediate (Int.) – 3 to 6 yrs of study
- Advanced (Adv.) – more than 6 yrs of study
PERFORMANCE TIME: Maximum time allowed through Grade 10 is 12 minutes, grades 11-collegiate and adult are 15 minutes
REPERTOIRE: Two contrasting pieces (one from either the Baroque or Classical era, and one from either Romantic or Modern era)
- Alternately, two contrasting pieces within one time period may be chosen.
- Selections may be for solo instrument, solo instrument with accompaniment, or ensembles of two or more in number.
- Only one movement of a sonata or concerto should be performed.
- Selection of the repertoire is at the discretion of the teacher. It is the intention that the repertoire should be chosen from the solo literature for each respective instrument.
- Arrangements and transcriptions should only be used if no suitable age appropriate literature is available. No simplified arrangements will be accepted.
- Pieces written with a piano accompaniment must be performed with accompaniment.
- Memorization is optional for winds, brass, strings and percussion.